- 25/05/2016 e-Admission 2016-17
- 18/05/2016 Appointment of Prof. Srikant Mohapatra as the first Vice-Chancellor of Odisha State Open University
- 10/05/2016 Tender Call Notice for empanelment of agencies for supply of Security guards and Manpower to Sambalpur and Bhubaneswar Office of OSOU
- 06/05/2016 Inspection of NCTE team to OSOU for B.Ed. (ODL Mode)
- 03/05/2016 Online Application for Course Writer, Translator & DTP Work
- 16/04/2016 Opening of B.Ed./ Integrated BA B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed./M.Ed./ Integrated B.Ed., M.Ed. in State University/ Govt. Collges under Highesr Education Department
- 18/02/2016 Inclusion of Odisha State Open University, Sambalpur to UGC Universities List
- 15/01/2016 Payment of Block Grant to the Odisha State Open University during the current Financial Year 2015-16
Temporary Office of the University:
Temporary office of the Odisha State Open University is located at G.M University Campus, Sambalpur - 768004.
Offer of Academic Programmes:
Few degree level programmes will be offered in the current academic session. Course material prepared by IGNOU and other open universities will be used. Add-on programmes for students of Colleges will be offered. Schools of Studies will be established with recruitment of two teachers in each discipline. Few consultants will be appointed. Meetings will be arranged for expert committees and course writers for design and development of programmes for various schools and disciplines.
Plan of Action »
Action Plan is fundamental to strategic planning in the core areas of establishment of different School of Studies, offer of academic programmes, appointment of full-time faculty and support staff, design and development of course material and audio/video inputs, empanelment of part-time faculty and other functionaries, student enrolment, establishment of Regional Centres and Study Centres, training/orientation of faculty/staff in ODL, financial planning, budgeting, formulation of Statutes and Ordinances, infrastructure development in the main campus and purchase of equipments and furniture for the headquarters, regional centres and study centres.
The action plan stated above needs to be aligned with the vision, mission and objects of the University enshrined in the Act, Statutes, Ordinances and Rules of the University. Following goals are to be achieved:
- Workshop on Basic GIS Training Using Quantum GIS
- Workshop on Soft Skill and Career Counseling
- IIMC Dhenkanal organises national seminar on regional language journalism
- Notification of Expert committee meeting for Diploma in Odia Language and Communication
- OSOU Collaboration with IIRS
- Orientation Programme for Academic Counsellor
- Expert Committee Meeting of CIT
- Expert Committee Meeting for B.Ed. Special Education